Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Classroom Pinterest Project

Man, 5:45 is going to be such a rude awakening after my 10:30 AM wake-ups for the past month and a half!  I digress, back to the school project.

The other day, I was seriously considering pulling the trigger on buying a pocket chart for my classroom.  For those of you that have no idea what that is, it's basically hanging file folders that are more accessible while you're working with kids.  See below.

Smethport Organization Center Pocket Chart
This would set me back $27.99. 

Enter: Pinterest. 


Bazinga-this I could make for much cheaper!  Thank you so much Silver Lining for your tutorial.




My folders and duct tape cost me about $7.  That's a $20+ savings!  I realize I didn't get quite as many pockets, but that's ok.

I also made mine a little differently because I wanted my papers to stick out long ways.  If you're interested in my changes, leave a comment and I'll let you know how I did it.

Last night was show #3 at the Muny-Aladdin.  It was awesome!  The genie stole the show.  I was a little skeptical about how he would be portrayed, but he was so expressive and made so many great jokes about our city.  If you get a chance, go see it! 


The gals.  We were missing two of our crew, but had a lovely time with new friends.  Man, were we grateful that the temps were in the 90's rather than 100's like last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment