Friday, November 23, 2012

A Gansner Thanksgiving

If you've ever had a conversation with me about my Thanksgiving, you know that the football game is the prime event at the Gansner family Thanksgiving celebration.  We seriously look forward to this every year.  This year, what with so many out-of-towners being able to make it, we were actually able to have 3 teams!
 
 
Just look at the determination!
 
 
I love that it really doesn't matter how old you are, your athletic ability, height, etc. Everyone is welcome to play.
 
 
Go long! Break! Football talk!
 
 
Look-that guy in the navy stripes-that's my boyfriend! He made some great catches and even scored a touchdown this year! We were so happy to have him back this year!
 
 
It also makes me incredibly happy that these 2nd generation cousins enjoy each others' company so much.  Aren't these gals adorable?!
 

The spectators enjoyed a prime spot to watch the game.

 
I believe this is the championship game.  Stakes were high.
 
 
The family patriarchs.  That was some intense competition.
 
 
And here at the end of the day, we remember why we're here.  All thanks to this lovely lady, my Gran.  Here she is in all her glory with all (but 3) of her great-grandkids.
 
 
I hope you and your families had as nice of a Thanksgiving as we did.  Big thanks to my Aunt Bev and Uncle Dick for hosting our ever-growing family.
 
We're excited for round 2 on Saturday with a visit to my mom's side and dinner with Eric's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment