Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Built-In Teaser

Oh my achin' arms, back, legs, shoulders, etc!  When Eric and I found out that our built-ins would be ready on Monday, we felt a great rush of excitement closely followed by anxiety that we had so much to do to prepare for them.  Here's what the room looked like as of Saturday morning.


We still had to sand the entire room, as well as do some dust control, prime, and paint.  Here's the big guy working hard sanding.  


You can't tell in the picture, but his hair was totally gray by the time we started priming at 4.  If gave me a glimpse of what he'll look like as an old guy-very distinguished.


I neglected to take photos of the space during painting and priming-oops!  Maybe it's because I was so excited to get these babies in!


Holy cow aren't they magnificent!  Yes, they still need to be painted, but wowee they just absolutely make the room!

(In case, you're wondering, the paint color we went with is called Coventry Gray by Benjamin Moore.)

Now if you'll excuse me, we'll be recoup'ing all week in preparation for built-in painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment