Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rug Choices

In our home's current state, we are up to our elbows in carpet.  With the man cave renovation underway, this will soon be changing.  One reason that I'm entirely too pumped is that now I have a reason to go rug shopping!
 
I love the personality that a good rug can add to a room.  Here are a few that we're crushing on...

 
 
I just love the geometric pattern in this one.  The downside?  It comes in charcoal and navy.  While I love both of these colors, the charcoal might be too much gray since we have about 50 Shades of Gray (ha ha) between our furniture, drapes, and walls.  Also, we have decided to go with dark floors and I don't think a dark rug will "pop" enough.
 
 
 
This one still has the geometric pattern that I imagined and I think a lighter color rug would have more of a presence on our dark floor.  Not to mention, you'll see a lot less Jozie hair on it...

 
 
If you've been to our house, you know that green is pretty much carried throughout.  I think this is the splash of color I imagined all along and I know it would look great with our new gray furniture.  While I don't see myself tiring of this color, I have reservations about splurging on such a statement color.  What if we get tired of it soon?!
 
 
 
I've always been intrigued by Flor.  This is a great texture, very herringbone-esque I think, and it's a bit cheaper than most rugs.  I also was attracted to the fact that they're easier to clean than a big 'ole rug.  A little worried, however, that the color would be difficult to keep clean...
 
 
So option 5 (from Urban Outfitters) wouldn't allow me to save a picture of their beaut of a rug.  It has the pop of color (teal) that we're looking for and is also the cheapest by far.  After reading the reviews, it seems that people were pleased with it's quality, despite it's low price.  I think this is also the boyfriend's favorite, as he's wanting this room to be more "fun" and less formal. 
 
So what do you think?  Hmm decisions, decisions...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment