Monday, May 7, 2012

Fab finds

Last weekend I went to a great antique/resale shop in my hometown. It's a neat little shop on main street and I almost always find cool treasures. Here's the stuff that is now taking up residency at 912 ELM Tree.


This little guy had me from hello.  I spotted it on the sidewalk as I was walking up and I literally ran to snatch it before anyone else could.  (Oops, still need to take the tag off!)  Everything from the color to the pedestal-goodness makes me swoon.  I keep hanging out on the porch and walking by the window just to gaze at it. 


Here's the view from the top.  It has such a cute shape!  (And as you can probably tell from the pictures, something is missing from the porch! More on that later.)


This picture is a little blurry, but I also happened across some postcard-sized, framed art of notable/historic businesses from our hometown.  I thought these could look super cool as part of a gallery wall in the man cave. 


The frames were regular 'ole wood and as you can tell I've already dolled them up a bit.  With the walls being a neutral creamy gray, the blues and greens really pop. 

Have you found any treasures lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment