Sunday, June 10, 2012

Shade-y Business

We've made a little progress in the mancave!  After painting the paneling, one of the items on the to-do list included new window treatments.  While I'll say we're not completely finished, major headway has been made.

Here's something I'm using for inspiration on Pinterest:


Pinned Image


Don't expect too much here, our's isn't nearly as fancy.  Also since we already had some patterned drapes for our large window, I went with crisp white shades from Lowes.  (I haven't gotten to the long drapes part just yet!)




They almost blend into the wall color here, but in person you can tell a difference, I promise!  Here's the open position.




You might remember that I was trying to hide the ugly window AC unit that had been built into the wall.





It's not a huge difference, but a big improvement in my book!
I'm still debating using the same pattern for our small window drapes as the large window.




By the way, I got tired of having blank space in the back of the room and decided to pull the card table out and make a desk of sorts.  It's been a nice place for the laptops to go rather than the kitchen island! 

No comments:

Post a Comment