Saturday, June 2, 2012

Porch Floor Update

Happy Saturday!  I just returned from a whirlwind trip to the east coast (which I'll be discussing later) but sorry for the blogging hiatus. 

Back to the porch.  Ahh the porch.  All the waiting I've had to do with the rain then the too-hot-to-paint- in heat.  Finally step 1 of the floor painting is finished!

You may remember that it originally looked like this:



Nasty outdoor carpeting and all.  Several weekends ago, I pulled it up (and happily threw it in the garbage!) and was left with this:




I may be naive about what actually caused the speckles, but I still thought it was a heck of a lot better than the nasty carpet!




The big guy and I moved all the furniture out, taped off the "trim," and followed the directions on the back of the Valspar porch and floor paint can. 

*Note* our concrete has never been painted, so we didn't have to do anything particularly difficult to prep it.  After a little shop vac'ing and mopping with a mixture of warm water and vinegar, we were ready to go.

After photos to come (a.k.a-I need to go purty it up a bit since I've been gone for a while!)

No comments:

Post a Comment