Monday, April 16, 2012

Rory's Story Cubes

*Note-this is an older post that I originally wrote in March.  Things are moving and shaking around here, so stay tuned!


For all of you SLP's out there, stop what you're doing, drive to your nearest Target, and pick yourself up a set of these babies.



Or you could follow this link: http://www.storycubes.com/products/rorys-story-cubes/


I swear to you these make therapy preparation SOOOOO much easier for not a lot of money. I work in a middle school so my kids are a little "higher" if you will. Most of my speech kiddos who are at the conversational level use these to make up stories or tell a memory having to do with the picture. I've also used these with fluency in a similar manner to work on fluency shaping and stuttering modification. For language syntax I use dry erase sentence strips and these puppies to practice complex and compound sentences.


For those of you lucky enough to have elementary (I'm so jealous!) you could also do narrative language, vocabulary, simple sentences, articulation, etc. I hear there is also a series of "action" cubes that would be good for subject verb agreement.


Do you use Rory's Story Cubes? If so, what are you doing that's working well?

No comments:

Post a Comment